Green Week 2018 Social Media Challenge
Complete four tasks to receive a free water bottle and be entered to win a $50 gift card to REI!
How it works
- Download the challenge checklist here.
- Complete any four of the tasks on the checklist
- Use the icon key to document that you have completed the task.
- If you complete 4 of the tasks, come by the UM Office of Sustainability (700 Hathorn Rd.) on Mon., April 23 (8am-5pm) to redeem your prize and to be entered into the drawing!
- Stop by the Sustainability Fair: The Sustainability Fair will take place on Wednesday, April 18 from 10 am- 1 pm in the Galtney Lott Plaza.
- Eat a Meatless Meal: You can find recipes for easy meatless meals here and here.
- Attend the “Planning for a Pedestrian Friendly Campus” Lunch & Learn: The “Planning for a Pedestrian Friendly Campus” lunch & learn will take place on Thursday, April 19th at 12:15 pm in the Center for Manufacturing Excellence.
- Calculate your ecological footprint: Click here to calculate your ecological footprint.
- Visit the Oxford Community Market: The Oxford Community Market will take place on Tuesday, April 17 from 3 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. For more information about the Oxford Community Market, click here.
- Go for a walk in Bailey’s Woods: The trail through Bailey’s Woods connects William Faulkner’s home, Rowan Oak, with the University of Mississippi campus. For more information and a map of the trail, click here.
- Recycle an item instead of throwing it away: You can recycle aluminum cans, #1 and #2 plastics, ink cartridges, cardboard, paper, and e-waste on campus in the collection bins that are in most buildings. For more information on recycling at Ole Miss and in Oxford, click here.
- Register on the Social Bikes app for the bike share program: The new bike share program makes getting around campus easy and convenient! Click here for more information on the bike share program and details on how to register. Be sure to tag @thegotchagroup and use the hashtag #gogreenwithgotcha on your social media post to be entered the Pedal for the Planet contest! The Top 3 favorite pictures win $100/$50/$25 with a matching donation to the Green Organization of your choice! Click here for more information about the Pedal for the Planet contest.
- What does a healthy planet look like to you?: The term “healthy planet” is commonly used, but what does a “healthy planet” look like? Let the world know (via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) what a healthy planet looks like to you and be sure to use the hashtag #GreenWeekChallenge.